Matt and Mur come to you live, connected via Skype, between Morgan Freeman’s haberdashery and Morgan Freeman’s Tomb of the Youngsters, with special guest go-hosts, multi-Hugo Award-winning author Kameron Hurley and her agent, Hannah Bowman!
- Matt and Mur argue the nature of ad-libs.
- Matt pronounces Hannah’s name incorrectly (it’s Han-ah, like Han Solo).
- This fearsome foursome discuss authors, agents, and booze.
- Hurley discusses how she came to sign with her agent, and Hannah discusses why she chose to sign her client, Hurley.
- Tips for authors vetting potential agents.
- Hurley and Hannah talk about their author/agent process when it comes to planning, executing, and editing books (which basically consists of having no set process).
- Hurley talks about how her new essay collection, THE GEEK FEMINIST REVOLUTION came about, and Hannah’s role in it.
- Hurley and Hannah field questions from the Ditch Diggers audience, including agenting debut novels, agents editing vs. editors editing, and absolutely nothing about woodchucks chucking wood (you’ll see/hear).
- Kameron Hurley’s website
- Kameron Hurley on Twitter
- Kameron Hurley’s Patreon
- Kameron Hurley’s Newsletter
- Hannah Bowman’s Tumblr
- Liza Dawson Agency Associates Literary Agency
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)