Blisters come whether you hate digging ditches or love it.
- Mur and Matt establish it is very early in the morning.
- Moat Building 101
- Being overwhelmed with multiple projects, multiple deadlines, and how to (and how not to) prioritize your time.
- Mur talks about her involvement in Bookburners, and how much time non-writing tasks take up when you’re writing.
- Matt makes a bunch of fancy announcements and talks about having a novel to finish while simultaneously having to write the third book in his Sin du Jour series in a month.
- Composing a plan to deal with your multiple deadlines and balancing it with the rest of your life.
- Writing, deadlines, and significant others.
- Mur talks about her experience with renting office space to write and removing herself from social media.
- Mur and Matt take email questions and questions from Twitter on story structure, the hardest parts of writing for a living, and MFA programs.
- Serial Box presents Bookburners.
- Tor.com Publishing announces Matt’s new book deal.
- Oh, and we’re sorry, Kate Elliott. Check out her book, Black Wolves, coming out next month from Orbit!
Books on story structure recommended by Mur in this episode…
- Beginnings, Middles & Ends by Nancy Kress
- Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder
- Scene and Structure by Jack M. Bickham
- The Virgin’s Promise by Kim Hudson
ENVY OF ANGELS giveaway: Email mightymur AT gmail and answer the question, “What are you doing besides writing to advance your writing career?” Best, most proactive answers win free copies of Matt’s new book dropping October 20th! Keep answers brief. No essays.
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)