We welcome Emmy-winning writer Margaret Dunlap, writer for The Middleman, The Lizzie Bennett Diaries, and the serial Bookburners.
- Coming to you live from Morgan Freeman’s tornado shelter with special guest co-host Margaret Dunlap!
- Margaret is the bomb at calculus, yet cannot derivate a function to save her life (or anyone else’s).
- On the tradition of passing the Campbell Award winner’s tiara which is actually a diadem.
- Margaret talks about breaking into television writing, and how useless it is to ask the question, “How do you break into TV writing?”
- On being a TV writers assistant, “freelance” scripts, and the power of getting coffee.
- Hollywood as a cronyism town vs. a nepotism town (and why that’s a good thing for new writers).
- Celebrating small victories, and how sushi, beer, and ice cream are scaleable.
- TV writing vs. webseries writing
- Margaret is adapting Seanan McGuire’s October Daye books for television with John Rogers’ Kung Fu Monkey Productions! (And the glacial pace of writing projects.)
- Mur and Margaret talk about Bookburners, and the structure of TV writing meeting fiction books.
- Q&A with Twitter.
- Obligatory shilling of Matt’s books and the fact Ditch Diggers is STILL eligible for Best Fancast in the Hugo Awards.
- Margaret’s website: http://www.margaretdunlap.com/
- Margaret’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/spyscribe
- Bookburners: https://www.serialbox.com/
- Producteev Task Management Software: https://www.producteev.com/
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)