We talk organizing and distractions. It’s unorganized and distracted, just so you know.
- Mur and Matt discuss Morgan Freeman’s obsession with Franklin Mint Collector’s Plates featuring older, fatter Elvis.
- Mur restates the premise of the podcast, old school, as if it were an early episode.\
- Matt and Mur talk about their current editing schedules.
- Mur attempts to use the above to smoothly segue into the show’s topic, but Matt derails the conversation after an off-hand comment about his hair.
- Matt and Mur finally reach the topic of the episode, organization for professional writers.
- Mur talks about prioritizing.
- Matt talks about being your own assistant.
- Social media as a distraction and a tool, and the appropriate amount of time to spend on it to prevent the former and enable the latter.
- Apps that help you focus on writing, including real ones like Forest and ones that don’t exist like Matt’s hostage bunny app.
- Simple alternatives to app solutions, like shutting off your WiFi, and Post-it notes.
- Matt and Mur debut a new segment, the Writer’s Torment Corner, and talk about World Fantasy Con’s woeful lack of harassment/accessibility policies.
- Email and Twitter questions.
- Matt and Mur remind everyone Ditch Diggers is an awards eligible podcast and it is podcast season.
- Apps mentioned in this episode…
Write or Die: http://writeordie.com/
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)