Matt and I look at our careers, what happened this year, and what will happen next year.
- Morgan Freeman’s private plane was crippled after landing on an armadillo and Mur and Matt discuss the potential of armadillos both as next-gen super soldiers and the basis for a SyFy movie about next-gen super soldier armadillos.
- Podcasters recording and releasing episodes out of order (Matt is *very* insistent Mur think fourth-dimensionally like in Back to the Future III).
- On the end of the year (but NOT the end of the world).
- Mur and Matt review the year they’ve had as pro writers.
- Matt on a “building/set-up” year for his career (Mur disagrees with this assessment), making book deals, signing with a new agent and manager, and returning to fiction publishing as a way to reignite his film and television writing.
- Mur on her own “building” year for her career (Matt also disagrees with this assessment), submitting/pitching proposals, losing some confidence, her new deal with Orbit, and Bookburners, and building her backbone up.
- Matt makes a case for Mur’s year as a “RE-building” year, dragon-ing up, and rebounding.
- Mur recaps the exciting Bookburners project for which she’s writing.
- Mur on working with the right agent.
- Matt and Mur talk about their concrete business plans for their pro writing careers over the next year, including their plans for Ditch Diggers.
- Awards Eligibility: Ditch Diggers is eligible for potentially two Hugos! Figure out which one and vote for it if you’re able! [EDIT- Twitter talk is leaning toward Fancast] Also, Nebulas and any other award you think Ditch Diggers should win!
- The final Q&A of the year!
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)